Big Brother Naija: How my dad received me back – Debbie-Rise
Ex-Big Brother Naija star, singer and guitarist, Deborah Ebun, popularly called Debie-Rise, has revealed how her Dad pardoned her after she sneaked out to the show.
Debbie-Rise was one of the contestants that lasted till the last day of the reality show.
While in the show, she had told fellow housemates how she ran out of her home because her dad, a pastor, would not let her attend the show.
The Kogi-born singer, who has been touring media houses since the end of the reality, said, “Apart from the fact that my father is a pastor, I feel like I’m a typical girl with a good cultural upbringing from the north where parents are very protective of their children or they are just worried about the outside world like the city life.
“So, I understood it as to the kind of life he wanted for me. I know he wants the best for me and he was just trying his best.
“He was trying to be protective but being a pastor and me trying to have a career in music, there could be this friction.
“So I didn’t want a situation whereby I would inform him of my intentions to go and then he would say no. I did that because once he said no, then I couldn’t go because it would be disobedient.
“So, I wanted to be smart, go for it and tell him, ‘daddy I have gone, please pray for me’ like Dare Art Alade sang and I’m happy I did it.
No comments